Project 2011 – Week One
January 5, 2011 § 5 Comments
The lovely and ever inspiring Cate @ Moments of Whimsy is hosting a year long project inviting bloggers to join together in supporting one another with our New Year’s Goals/Resolutions. Aptly titled Project 2011, I’m very excited to be participating.
Here’s the graphic Cate made for us so if you’re interested in joining feel free to grab a copy here or over at Cate’s blog and let her know that you want to play along. 😀
Now, Cate has officially made the update day Thursday which is what it is where she is. Right now though, for me, it’s still only Wednesday and I haven’t quite decided if I’m going to go with her Thursday or mine. It’s just that if I go with mine, I have more time. 😉 For this week though, I will go with hers. (confused yet? I know I am.)
1) As far as taking care of my body goes, last night Hubby and I went out to take the dog for a walk. With one tiny exception…okay, not tiny, in fact a really big exception…I took the dog home earlier in the day. Yes, we went out for a walk JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT! 😀 It was so nice. Fresh air, time alone in the dark together, exercise (the kind that doesn’t really feel like exercise – the best) and no poop to scoop.
2) Okay, now I haven’t actually written any more of my novel but I have, again, read over what I do have and am as delighted as always to find that I still care very much about my characters and their stories. This bodes very well for me getting back to it, especially now that I’ve officially put trying to get published out of my mind. The best thing is, I can always change my mind later if I want to. 😀
3) I really haven’t gotten around to pampering myself yet and where I might have before, I’m no longer counting the sweater I bought off the discount rack while taking Daughter shopping for new boots. It’s a lovely sweater sure, but for $10 it’s hardly the same as a visit to the spa, a fancy new hairdo or dinner out with a friend.
4) So far so good on the no poetry front. Though this one is tougher than I had expected. I really had no idea how dependent I had become on expressing myself emotionally through my poems. It’s weird and strange but at the same time very liberating. Not every feeling requires prose to express it. Not every feeling needs to be expressed. Sometimes, just feeling is enough.
5) Be kinder to myself. I think I’ve nailed this one too, for this week anyway. I don’t have any grandiose ideas that I can change a lifetime of negative self-image issues in just one week. Still, with every negative thought I counter with a positive one, it is getting a little easier.
That’s my first week of Project 2011.