Project 2011 – Week Four
January 27, 2011 § 10 Comments
It’s Week Four of Project 2011 hosted by my good friend Cate @ MomentsofWhimsy. Click on the above pic to link to her entry and of all the other participants. Please feel free to join us as we make new friends and encourage each other in working towards our goals/resolutions for 2011.
I have to admit that I’m really thriving on the support I’m getting and I can’t thank you all enough for stopping by and lending your “Way to Go”s…it really means a lot.
Okay, onto my Week Four.
1) Taking better care of my body. This is going surprisingly well for me. As a side effect of all my research on gluten-free baking and the Paleo diet, I’m suddenly much more conscious of what I’m eating. I even ate an entire piece of fish for dinner last night…first time ever. I’ve also kept the commitment to myself to work out on the exercise bike daily, more often than not twice a day. In 5 days I’ve lost 3lbs. I know I said it wasn’t about the weight as long as I felt better and had more energy. And I do, but I still can’t deny how good it felt.
2) I did write. Two paragraphs. I know, I should be pleased that I wrote at all considering my track record. Still, after last week’s three pages, I’m a little disappointed.
3) Tomorrow I make my hair appointment and get a long awaited and much needed new do. I’m so excited. I’m going all in too; wash, condition, cut, blow dry and style. Woohoo.
4) Still no poetry except for that lapse last week. I’m beginning to understand though, the depths of the sadness that sparked all that prose. As much as it was a perpetuation, my poetic outlet also served as a bandage. Like a salve that one would apply regularly to a seeping wound, it was not the cure but it did help to ease the pain of the injury. Not writing poetry has been like exposing it to the fresh air, it hurts sure…but I’m healing much faster.
5) Be kinder to myself came by way of not allowing myself think I was vain for getting excited about losing weight and by not beating myself up for writing so little.
It’s been a good week.