Project 2011 – Week Five
February 3, 2011 § 8 Comments
Yes, I sucked it up and, despite my dismal week, I’m going to post anyway. I think I might find that I was being a bit of a drama queen when thinking I might not post at all.
1) The Paleo diet and exercise regiment is still being adhered to, though I have laxed some on both, and I’ve lost 7lbs. Though I don’t feel particularly energetic because of some recent women’s issues, I am pleased more than anything that I’ve stuck with it.
2) Haven’t written a word this week. Actually, I never even made an attempt.
3) Oh yikes…that whole pampering myself thing. I tried to get my hair done this week, I really did. Sunday morning I called a local place I’ve never been to thinking I would try them out and got no answer. Figured they were closed…no biggie. Tried calling again Monday morning but again, I got the machine. Figure they were busy…no biggie.
I had to go out anyway so I tried stopping by later that morning. They were closed despite the sign on the door that said HOURS OF OPERATION – Mondays 9am – 6pm. By this time I was discouraged, as well as PMSing in the worst way, and I just got back in the car and went home putting the whole idea out of my head.
4) Still no poetry. Yay! Really, I’m actually very pleased about this. I’m not even missing it and that’s a little weird considering how much I had been defining myself through my poems.
5) Well, I was kind to myself this week by way of letting myself experience what I felt without judging myself for it. Doesn’t mean I was entirely happy with how I dealt with everything but I didn’t allow myself to make up and then draw everyone around me into a big drama about it. That there, for me, is another leap into adulthood.
See, I was right…not as bad as I thought it was.
Off to check out how everyone else’s week was.