Project 2011 – Week Nineteen
May 13, 2011 § 4 Comments
Thanks as always to Cate @ Moments of Whimsy (click on the pic to link to her post) for hosting this sharing of support for our 2011 goals. Lately the participation has been pretty erratic with many missing weeks or dropping out altogether. I say let’s pull up our socks and get back in the game.
I will admit thought that it’s been very difficult to get back on track after being sick for almost two weeks. Honestly, I just noticed that most of my calendars have yet to be changed from April to May and we’re already halfway through the month.
So, to my goals…
1) I did change my first goal from the very vague “taking better care of my body” to the more specific increasing my physical activity. Now that the weather is being more co-operative this has been a little easier. Daughter and I went to the park yesterday to kick around the new soccer ball I bought for her. It was a hoot and we had a lot of fun but this morning I woke up with a profound pain in my butt. (And I don’t mean Hubby.) I obviously stretched and worked muscles that have not been used in quite some time and I’m really feeling it today.
2) Again, I did not work on my novel nor did I even revisit it to decide whether or not I still want to keep this as a goal for this year. It’s just so difficult to find the quiet time to just sit and delve into that world. But for now I’ll stick with it and hope I have some news to report for next week. Though I did finally get my book that an on-line friend wrote and self-published and it’s been very inspiring even though I’ve just started reading it.
3) Kinder to myself. This week that’s meant putting my foot down with Son and not allowing myself to be used as a financial security blanket when he’s more than capable of managing on his own. I don’t mind helping out of course, but it’s become somewhat of a destructive habit that’s enabled him more than assisted. Not easy at all.
4) I have not been crafty at all lately.
5) For the summer, I added working on my garden as a goal but so far that’s been put on hold while we figure out where the new outdoor air conditioning unit is going to go. According to one of the guys who gave us a quote the only place the unit can go is right where our veggie garden is. So right now, that’s up in the air.
That’s it for me. Not a lot of progress but really I’m just happy to be feeling better and that I’ve been able to get to the chores that got put aside while I was sick…like the 8 loads of laundry that are piled (in baskets) on the couch in the den.