Project 2011 – Week Twenty-One
May 27, 2011 § 7 Comments
Another week, another Project 2011 post. I’m rather impressed with myself that I’m still plugging away at it. I’m not generally known for my sticktoitiveness and I often give up on things like personal goals relatively quickly.
I’ve been looking at the last few months as practice of sorts. I haven’t really made nearly as much progress on my goals as I would have liked or thought back in January that I could by now.
After much thought and deliberation, I’m going to augment my Project 2011 – with a Summer 2011 goals list. The intention is to take the mediocre progress I’ve made and really put in the effort for better and more satisfying results.
So here we go:
1) Project 2011 – Increase my physical activity. I got plenty of exercise this week helping my friend with her garden and then working on my own. We also got our gazebo up and I got some planters made. The best part is that all of that exercise was outdoors in the fresh air. Bonus.
Summer 2011 – Lose 20lbs. I know I’ve said before that the extra weight isn’t that much of a concern. I’m a liar. It bothers the heck out of me. Having spent most of my life underweight, my psyche is having a very hard time processing the extra pounds. The worst part is that I know it’s because of too much fat, sugar and wine in my diet and not enough healthy food and proper exercise.
2) Project 2011 – Work on my novel. I think I’ve written two out of the lasts twenty-one posts where I actually made progress with this goal. It’s not so much an aversion to finishing it as it is never really seeing it as anything more than a cute hobby. It’s difficult to make time for something you don’t take seriously.
Summer 2011 – Write at least two pages EVERY DAY. The reality is, I have the time. I don’t work outside the home and despite the fact that we homeschool, Daughter is almost 16 and very independent. I have to really let myself believe that it’s a good story and one that’s worth writing down.
3) Project 2011 – Kinder to myself. I’m happy to say that this is becoming a habit that is doing wonders for my emotional and mental health. Who knew that being nice to yourself would help you have more faith in the world and people in general?
Summer 2011 – I’m going to keep this one as is because it’s working for me.
4) Do something crafty. For the last couple of weeks this has been put on the back burner while I’ve been cleaning, purging and sorting the contents of my home. It’s very hard to feel inspired to be creative when you’re surrounded by boxes and piles of crap. A trip to the local donation centre is definitely in order to help with this.
Summer 2011 – Finish knitting Daughter’s Dr. Who scarf. 15 months is a LONG time to be working on the same darn project and while it’s not at all complicated, it just seems to be never ending. Also, I’m anxious to get started on knitting socks for next winter…not something I’m willing to even consider while I still have the scarf looming over me. (geddit?)
5) This goal is already a Summer 2011 one – working on my gardens. So far, it’s going very well. I’m finding that I really enjoy planting flowers and veggies and it makes me feel immensely satisfied. Though it has been raining pretty constantly for going on a month now, I’ve taken advantage of every break to get some flowers in and my veggies started.
Looking forward to checking out how everyone else is doing.