Project 2011 – Week Twenty-Four
June 16, 2011 § 4 Comments
I’m excited about this week’s post. I’ve already read most of yours and am so glad that everyone is doing so well. Cate @ Moments of Whimsy, our beloved and very busy host, has my kudos and gratitude for coming up with such a great idea.
So let’s get to it…
1) I haven’t lost any weight but I haven’t gained any either. Though I’m more conscious of what I’m eating and I’m preparing healthier meals, I have a ways to go yet before I’m where I want to be with this.
2) Oh yeah. Novel. Moving on.
3) Kinder to myself is sort of becoming redundant. I’ve come a long way over the last 6 months when it comes to my internal dialogue. I challenged myself to argue against guilt, shame and self-loathing and, though some of the battles got heated, I won at every turn. The one act that stands out for me was buying myself flowers. I’m going to remember that one.
4) I finished it, I finished it, I finished it…tra la la la! Yes, after almost 16 months, Daughter’s Dr. Who scarf is finished. And I refuse to dampen my glee by pointing it out that it’s actually still in two pieces and a bunch of loose ends need to be tucked in…who cares. Another stitch need not be knitted. Phew. (I promise pics and dimensions in a future post.)
5) It’s been very hot the last little while and we’ve have to really keep on top of watering the gardens. Both mine and Hubby’s veggie gardens are doing quite well though. Except for his cucumbers, he doesn’t know it yet but something got the last two plants he had growing. He’ll be bummed because he started out with nine.
That’s it for me for this week. 😀